Hi Friends In this blog we will discuss about what is purchase Requisition in SAP MM and how to create purchase Requisition in SAP MM. As we learned in previous blog that purchase requisition is the first part of P2P cycle in SAP which we can do using SAP tcode ME51n or also using Path Logistics->Materials Management-> Purchasing-> Purchasing Requisition-Create. But first we need to know what is the purchase Requisition in SAP MM so let’s start
Table of Contents
What is Purchase requisition in SAP?
Purchase Requisition in sap is a first phase of P2P (Process to Pay) Cycle in SAP. After Determining the Material or requirement of materials we will proceed the purchase requisition process. To know more about P2P (Process to Pay) Cycle please check our previous post or click on below link.
Procurement in every organization starts with determining requirements. Once requirements are collected, we need to inform the purchasing organization about organization requirements.
SAP Purchase Requisition is a document that contains a list of required materials, services, or goods. Purchase requisition is a request that is made to the purchasing organization to procure a required list of materials.
SAP Purchase requisition number is an internal document number generated and remains within the organization. Purchase requisition needs approval from the purchase organization for further process. Purchase requisition can be generated from the following procurement types-
- Standard – Receiving required materials from vendor, for example we need thread or button we directly placed the standard order to vendor.
- Subcontracting– It is like job work process provided raw materials to vendor and vendor will process the raw material to finished product, for example we ask for job work to vendor of our pullover which is not washed in this case we will ask to vendor for job work of washing and placed the subcontracting to vendor for washing.
- Consignment-Purchasing material that is kept in organization storage location and paying to vendor for that. It is used in contract of carriage.
- Stock transfer – Transferring material within same organization, for example plant A required some raw material but it’s not available at plant A in this case plant A will ask for the required material to other plant like B if this materials stock is available at plant B.
For understanding the process of purchase requisition, I have created using standard purchase requisition process to learn about how the simple procure to pay cycle runs within the business and for that I have made 2 materials and different vendors from which I wanted to procure them which shown below in detail.
How to create Purchase Requisition in SAP MM
We can use two methods to do this first use Tcode ME51N and Second Navigation Path: SAP Menu ->Logistics->Materials Management-> Purchasing-> Purchasing Requisition-Create.
Step#1. Enter Transaction code in command box or by using navigation path go for create purchase requisition.
Step#2. Select the document type and fill the required details such as
(1)Document Type (2)material number (3)quantity (4)material group (5)plant code (6)purchase group and (7)valuation
Step#3.Now click on save button to Create Purchase Requisition then if you give correct entry you will get success message as Given image Below.” Purchase Requisition Number 00xxxxxxx200 Created“
Now the Purchase requisition number has been created which we will use in procure to pay cycle for further processing. The purchase requisition process is also completed here.
Purchase Requisition Table in SAP.
Purchase Requisition TCodes in SAP.
|Create Purchase Requisition
|Change Purchase Requisition
|Display Purchase Requisition
|Purchase Requisitions: List Display
|Purchase Requisitions for Project
|Requisitions by Account Assignment
People also ask
1. What is SAP Purchase Requisition.
SAP Purchase Requisition is the internal document which is prepared for the Purchase organization to procure stock material/services or goods.
2. What is the TCode of Create/Change/Display in SAP Purchase Requisition.
We Can use ME51N to create, ME52N to change and ME53n to Display
3. How many Documents Available in in SAP Purchase Requisition.
Below Documents are available in SAP Purchase Requisition.
1.Standard Purchase Order-NB
4. How to cancel purchase requisition in sap
We can use TCode ME54N to cancel the purchase requisition and also use for Release Purchase requisition.But after fulfilling certain conditions.
5.What is the difference between PR and PO?
the main difference between PR and PO is- PR-purchase requisition in sap is internal Documents which is Generated for Organization Group to their Fulfill Stock/Material/Goods and services requirement whereas PO-Purchase Order is the direct document that goes to the Vendor for the purchase of goods/services,
For the next blog please connect with us and follow us on twitter.com/einfonett