What is SAP | types of modules in SAP | modules Types in SAP |SAP Functional Modules | SAP Technical Modules |
Table of Contents
What is SAP?
SAP stands for Systems Applications, Products and Data Processing. SAP is an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software. It is designed and developed by the German based company SAP AG (Limited), which was founded in 1972 by by Claus Wellenreuther, Dietmar Hopp, Hans-Werner Hector, Hasso Plattner and Klaus Tschira . in this blog we will learn what is SAP?
There are two types of modules in SAP
- SAP Functional Modules.
- SAP Technical Modules.
SAP Functional Modules
Functional Modules are responsible for all kind of functional activity related to business for example logistic, sales and distribution and financial. All functional modules are integrated to each other for provide best result in business.
The functional modules mentioned below are the core modules for any business.
- SAP SD – SAP SD stands for sales and distribution which is responsible for all kind sales and distribution related activity in business.
- SAP FI – SAP FI stands for Financial Accounting which is responsible for all types of financial activities in the business.
- SAP QM – SAP QM stand for Quality Management, it is integral part of SAP MM, SD, and PP, which is responsible for check quality process of materials, purchase, sales, and production.
- SAP PP – SAP PP stands for Production and Planning which is responsible for all kind of activity in production process of our factory or plant.
- SAP CO – SAP CO stands for Controlling or Cost Accounting Module it provides the information about the spent and costing in our business.
- SAP MM – SAP MM Stands for Material management which is responsible for all kind of logistic process and procurement process.
SAP Technical Modules
Technical modules are responsible for all types of technical activities as per the requirement of the organization.
The technical modules mentioned below are the core modules for SAP.
ABAP – ABAP stands for Advance Business Application Programming; it is default programming language of SAP software.
BASIS – SAP Basis is the technology backbone that enables SAP applications to function.
You may Also Read:
- What is Firewall in Computer Network | Types of firewalls
- How to turn off ad Blocker Chrome | How to Block ads on Google Chrome
- How to Check Computer System Information Windows 7/ 8 /10 .
- How to Fix USB Device Not Recognized in Windows 10
- What is Graphics Card & What is the use of Graphics card in PC/Laptop?
That’s all for this blog, in the next blog we will tell you about the MM module in SAP.For the next blog please connect with us and follow us on twitter.com/einfonett